Today I was writing a message to my friend using facebook. Most of the time the amount of effort I put into writing a facebook message is akin to lifting my finger to change the channel on the remote. But this was a one of those "catch up on life" messages and I actually had to take the time to think through my life and sumarizes some of the major themes of late. I know it is nothing profound but I found it refreshing to recount life's happenings to a once great friend. What really got me going was trying to make plain to him was how the Gospel was working it's way in (and out) of my life. That's when I got to thinking about how good a thing it is to take the time to fully explain the Gospel and the million ways it is demonstrated to be good and true in my life.
Dictionary.com's definition of explicit is "fully and clearly expressed or demonstrated; leaving nothing merely implied; unequivocal." Thats what I hope this blog does with the Gospel and my life. To often I let life cruise by without expressing gospel musings along the way. So I've created this blog, mostly for myself, in order to collect and express how the great news of Jesus Christ crucified is changing and renewing this great sinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment